Saturday, March 31, 2018

Red stripe - drink it or smoke it?

What do I know of Jamaica? Er...I have a vague idea of where it is. I have heard some Reggae. One of my show callers told me a great story about his trip there in the 70's and his adventures with a 16 paper spliff.
That's about it really.
So it'll come as absolute zero suprise that I know even less about Jamaican beer. Especially one that sounds like a brand of cigarette..





So how does this medicinal looking bottle of brew go? Let's find out mon!

What am I smelling?: Lager. Once again my nose is blocked up but the smell of basic beer and very little else is still filtering through. A ghost of corn.



Initial thoughts: light, a little sweet with lots of bubbles that fade away quick after opening. However there's no real aftertaste to write about or much of anything jumping off the page here. Like the smell, there's a ghost of corn in there somewhere. It would really shine straight out of an icebox on a stupidly hot day.

Overall: This is very much like the Tiger Lager - smells like a lager and good for beating the heat, however the flavour page is really lacking in words. It really hasn't convinced me to jump on the next plane to Jamaica, even if someone offered me something involving 16 rollies.
Perfect for a hot day of you got it for free and a funky little bottle to add to the home brew collection...but that's about it.



2 out of 5 hand rolled herb holders

No comments:

Post a Comment