Sunday, February 4, 2018

Tui - hail to the bus driving man

I'm flashbacking tonight. Back we go ten years ago roughly when I trekked around the North Island of New Zealand on a bus full of strangers. The bus was pilotted by a guy called Kev. Or was it Steve? I think his name was Greg. Anyway Petey the bus driver gave me a can of Tui once but I can't remember why. Nor can I remember what it tasted like.
Boy this is off to a great start isn't it?



Anyway, ten years on - let's see if it was worth remembering or best left in the past, like that Candian bloke who hooked up with the Librarian I was keen on. Let's move on..

What am I sniffing?: The faintest ghost waif of something citrus. Precious little else.

Initial thoughts: It looks like flat coke with a head that hangs around for just enough time to finish this sentence. Watery, slightly sweet, the barest of bare metal tinge...annnd that's all folks.



Overall: Ahh I see why I didn't log it in the memory banks the first time - it's basic, cheap, sweet and watery. Did we mention its cheap? It also tastes nothing like an IPA whatsoever so I'm not sure who they're trying to kid here (more like it looks, flat flavourless coke. Ok on a hot day or if you want to give it away after a hard day on the busses.

1.5 out of 5 bus drivers called Kev. Or Steve. Or maybe it was Malcolm?


This is part 2 of 2 of "Almigo gets on a bus in New Zealand and completely forgets everything about what he drank". Here is the first part: Almigo and the bucket of Radler. 



No comments:

Post a Comment