Monday, March 12, 2018

Fortitude Drifter Summer Ale - Hey I know that car...

Tonight we're back with another beer from the car loving brewers of Mt Tamborine. But does the Drifter have the engine power to keep up with the rubber laid down by it's Pacer brother? Let's turn the key and find out!*



*By turn the key I mean drink the damn thing.

Obligitory posting of the car in question. You too can see it with a visit to their brewery and bar (which seemed to be a massive hit with hens nights the last time we were up there.)

Will I get a ticket parking here?

What am I smelling here?: Slight pine and tropical fruit

Initial thoughts: It's Autumn, should I be drinking this now? Casting that idiotic thought aside I got right into to. Nice tastes of hops and tropical fruit, very refreshing and quite easy to chug quickly. Would be smashingly brilliant on a stupidly hot day (today was full of rain with brief patches of sunlight)

Overall: Before I knew it the stein was empty and I would have been quite happy to fill it up with one of the same. Even better, the brewery is just a half hour away from me so it's not far to fill up again (whether or not they're open at 6pm on a Sunday is another matter completely.) Refreshing, tasty, local, good stuff.

4 out of 5 Dobie Greys

No comments:

Post a Comment