Friday, February 9, 2018

Moon Dog Love Tap Lager - How much for the table?

I'm celebrating tonight - a morning jaunt through many a garage sale found us a glass topped dining table for a mere $10. Considering the glass seems to weigh as much as I do, this thing was a steal. So what am I celebrating with tonight you ask? The last brew in the fridge (until I stock up again) - A Moon Dog Love Tap Lager.



Firstly, some table talk #bargain:



Once I hit it with some cut and polish (actually Turtle Wax headlight cleaner which works just as well) and removed some of the paint marks (the girl who owned it used it as a sort of light table for painting canvases) it came up an absolute treat. That glass almost broke me trying to get it into the house - and not the other way around. Can't wait to serve up some fine dining on this baby!

Right, bargain aside, let's investigate the beer.



What can I smell here with my slightly stuffed (read possibly fluey) nose?: Tropical fruit, slice of ghost lemon.

Initial thoughts: This drinks like a IPA/Lager crossover. While the head looks nice for a split second before making a bolt for freedom, each Moon Dog sip gives you a smack load of hops, fruit and smoothness and a similar (but slightly weaker) back end to the Fig Jam with a mid bitter ending. Lovely fruity and slight hoppy flavors but it well and truly lives up to it's name - at 3/4 through and lunch quite a few hours ago, I'm starting to feel like I've been rocked by a love tap myself.
From Brock Lesnar.

Word on the street is that he loves a good lager. 
 
It's pretty punchy stuff even at 5%

Overall: Very fruity, very punchy, I'd probably do something incredibly silly after more than two. But damn is it tasty and worthy of a repeat performance. If you like em fruity, grab this one. Top job Moon Doggie!

4.25 out of 5 garage sale bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment