Thursday, February 1, 2018

Cascade Premium Light - I'm not going to be rude here..


So a meeting was called here at work. Nothing serious or job threatening, just a general update about where we're all at and what we're all up to - who joined the team, who got engaged, all that fun stuff. And at the end of it they whipped out the trays of party pies and sausage rolls, cakes and sweets in celebration. And they also opened the beer fridge.

I'd be rude if I didn't take part in this hospitality now wouldn't I? So far be it for me to be the one who bucked the trend, I grabbed a beer. A style that's been pretty under represented on this page since it kicked off, a light beer.

Now you may recall in the 2017 Beers in my Backyard award ceremony  that the James Boag Premium Light took out the best light beer award...purely on the fact that it was the only light beer I'd managed to drink and write about all year. Thankfully it's only Feb 1 2018 which means I still have plenty of this year to drink something in the same category, otherwise the Cascade is going to walk off with the crown in similar circumstances.

So without any further ado, let's get into this one then. What am I smelling here?: Beer with a slightly sour smell.

Initial thoughts: A bit of fizz with a slight sour floral note and a lingering note to it, even though it's on the watery side of things. There's a hint of metal right at the back that's barely noticeable but there's nothing really jumping off the page given that it's a lightweight. Went alright with a couple of party pies though.

Overall: Typical work office fair so you can enjoy one (or possibly two) for Friday night drinks or post monthly meeting wind downs without feeling too sorry for yourself but a little too watery for my tastes. Not great but far from the worst either.

2 out of 5 left over office cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment