Monday, January 22, 2018

James Squire 150 Lashes pale ale - an experiment in pain relief

While perusing a craft beer Facebook group recently I stumbled over an article headline stating that two beers was just as if not even more effective for pain releif than a typical painkiller.
My knee hurts - let's give this a whirl then..



How did you hurt your knee?: I can only assume it was walking all over Melbourne CBD yesterday. I'm on holidays (still) and it's been a while between epic treks. So yesterday I clocked up an impressive haul of lefts then rights:

And with plenty of time before my flight back to the Gold Coast, putting away a couple of brews at the airport was a very untaxing affair.

Beer #1 MCCRACKEN AMBER ALE - Largely forgettable. Does my knee still hurt? Yes.

Beer #2 JAMES SQUIRE 150 LASHES PALE ALE. Would this soothe a grumbling knee? Let's find out.

What are the nostrils picking up this time around?: A tiny bees wang of malt, not much else.

Initial thoughts: Ahh a much better choice. Light, fizzy and not much up front to start that soon melts into a slight citrus filled back end with a tasteful lingering aftertaste. Interesting in a good way.

Overall: Refreshing and far more pleasant than that cardboard concoction of the amber ale. Very easy to drink on a hot day. Pleasant aftertaste. A easy standout of the two.

3.75 out of five attempts at medicinal remedies.

Did it take the pain away from your knee though?: Ahh no. But I'm far more relaxed after to brews and ready to snooze on the plane so there is that..

No comments:

Post a Comment