Friday, August 4, 2017

Gage Roads Single Fin Summer Ale - One fin to rule them all

A summer beer in winter? Yes there's method to my madness as I'm experiencing a Gold Coast winter which is like spring everywhere else. So very decent weather to get my summer on in the kitchen while I whip up my family famous Mexican salad..



What's in your Mexican salad then?: So much good stuff. Red kidney beans, home made guacamole, salsa, corn chips and strips of beef marinated in a mix of taco seasoning and lime juice. Smells amazing, tastes even better. And the beer didn't stand out of place with it either.

What smells am I getting here?: Er couldn't really smell anything until the last sip of the bottle when I got a small hit of something sour.

Initial thoughts: Impressive head you've got there Mr Fin!



Very subtle notes of honey, caramel and a slight metallic tinge aftertaste. It's very light bodied and highly chuggable and would really come out and party on blisteringly hot arvos or a big day out at your favorite surf club. While it doesn't dominate in anything, it's a nice all round summery drink.


I have no idea what a face full of Freo Doctor is supposed to mean but it doesn't sound like fun..

Overall: Definitely a brew for when the heat is on, the barbie is at full pelt and your uncle needs a taxi called before he even starts. Although it did okay with my terrible Mexican accent impressions on a Gold Coast Winter's night too. Top job you fussy bastards.

3.33 out of 5 Aribas. 

COURAGEOUS CLASH OF THE CRAFT CLANS SCOREBOARD SO FAR:

2. This one (Single Fin)

No comments:

Post a Comment