Saturday, July 8, 2017

Cerveza Cantina - No comprende, it's a riddle

It's Friday, Friday, gotta drink beer, it's Friday. And for tonight's offering to the beer gods, we're checking into a Cantina..



In my full time career I work in radio, in my part time career I rant and rave about beer. Therefore I feel it's highly appropriate to have this classic on in the background while you nod accordingly to my ramblings in today's post:




My old man had a theory on Corona (and Mexican beer in general) and it was all about wondering how they kept the cat still when filling up the bottle. Hilarious dad. Personally I don't mind a Corona and lemon slice combo on a hot afternoon or a trip to the local Mexican restaurant. (Well aside from that one birthday celebration at the Mexican restaurant where after 8 Corona's I felt like I was going to explode in a shower of Mexican beer and citrus - Happy Birthday Andrea..)
Would this effort from Cantina be up to snuff? Let's find out!

Firstly I had to laugh when I opened the fridge - I play a lot of the video game Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and through accidental placement, my brew is now glowing like a Nuka Cola found in the nuclear wasteland..
Should I be worried here?
HOW MUCH DID IT SET ME BACK?: Not much from memory. I don't remember the exact price but possibly close to $3? In a sea of $4.95 beers at Vintage Cellars it was a rarity.

INITIAL THOUGHTS: It smells like a watered down Corona. Oh and it tastes like a watered down Corona that's been leached of some of it's flavor. The taste hangs around as much as I do at the end of mandatory staff meetings. Apparently it tastes like corn? If so I'm struggling to get there. There's really not much happening here at all. Oh dear.

OVERALL: It's cheap so it's got that going for it. It's not overpowering so there's a point. It uh...glows in the fridge? Does that count? In a world of flavourful beers, this photocopy is a truly pale imitation. Unless you get it for free or you chilli con carne is so burning hot that you need a beer to put out the fire, it's really hard to recommend this one.

1.5 out of 5 Wall of Voodoo songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment