Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Making my brews just that little bit classier..

I came to drop off some clothes and bits and pieces that didn't even belong to me, I left with a couple of new vessels to add to my growing beer bits and pieces collection. Welcome to Wednesday!



It's a long story that I won't go into here - suffice to say my wife and I were helping out a friend who had a lot of stuff she wanted to donate to the Salvos. Since I had a wagon not doing much, today's adventure involved a couple of trips to various donation bins and a very grateful to be loaded up with free gear op shop. 

A fortuitous visit really as I ended up buying some more glasses for the amber stuff. Beer glasses for the god of brewing!

BEER CONTAINER DRINKING VESSEL #1: THE KINGDOM'S FINEST TUBORG


Sounding suspiciously like a word the Swedish chef would utter when describing practically anything, this glass with it's gilded top does look like something you'd quite happily break out if Danish Royalty came around for a BBQ. 

Does this beer company still exist?: They certainly do, ads for Dan Murphy's pointing out that I haven't yet sampled their international release, Tuborg Green.

Which to me looks like both a) A cousin of a Carlsburg and b) a bottle of cider. Still, we'll see if we can track one down and put it through it's paces.

In the meantime, here's the crown prince of drinking vessels in action with a beer not from Tuborg:

Looking good!


BEER CONTAINER DRINKING VESSEL #2: THE FROSTY TIGER


Possibly liberated from a too cool for school late 90's nightclub back in the day, this frosted glass special complete with indented section comes with it's own line...which at best guess is so you know when to stop pouring to allow some foamy beer head to expand just enough, it doesn't cause a blowout?
Haven't worked out exactly what I'll be using this one from, possibly brews that don't have much to look at? I'll keep myself amused with the squinting Tiger. 
I don't think that's the standard drink line..

Does this beer company still exist?: Of course it does and you'll still find Tiger beer all around the place. In fact I used one to help put out a self inflicted fire in my mouth one night...




Not bad for $5 for the two of them hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment