Friday, September 1, 2017

White Rabbit Dark Ale - The Great Wall of China was built to keep them away

Friday night - time for a dark beer and a darker sci fi movie. So I Netflixed the world's most deadliest train trip (Snow Piercer) and washed it down with a White Rabbit Dark Ale.  


What was the movie like?: It was interesting. I made it through two thirds of it before I realized it was well past midnight now and I should probably make a beeline for bed. I'll probably finish is tonight - It's a bloody long train so far though and I only took one beer for this journey.

What about the brew? Firstly what can you smell here?: I got the faintest whiff of chocolate here upon open before it disappeared into the either. Not much else. Still, better than a whiff of just grass.

What about tastes? What are you picking up?: Roasted malts. Some sweetness.It's a little watery in parts.

Initial thoughts: Nice looking head but sadly ala Guinness it didn't last long enough to put my initials into it. Lovely texture and roasted malts flavor but the after taste really didn't hang around for long at all. Still, very drinkable and there's very little to fault here.

Overall: As the first Dark Ale/Brown Ale we've checked out here it's a pretty decent start. Quite easy to drink and a nice change to the pale ales that seem to be dominating the craft beer shelves at the moment but I'd love it if there was more going on at the back end. Slight appeal to go back to the fridge for another one but nowhere near the immediacy of something like the Brooklyn Lager

 




3.75 out of 5 train bound winter rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment