Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Lorry Boys Jim and Joe's Golden Ale - boys will be boys


I didn't buy this beer out of a lorry. It was from a fridge at the local shopping centre.
I also didn't buy this beer from a Jim or a Joe. I think her name was Katherine. 
Still as long as it turned out to be a golden ale in the end and not some rogue chardonnay in disguise, I think all can be forgiven.

Let's pop the top and find out..




What are my nostrils picking up here?: Pine wood and slight fruit. Like if a pine tree grew peaches or apricots.

Initial thoughts: More pine emerged when poured (not as much as the 4 Pines summer Ale which smelt like a pine Forrest). Plenty of bubbles like a boiling cauldron and a head that started of okay and went flat like a badly abused drift tire in record time. Nice warm gold colour. Easy to drink with a nice dry aftertaste. Not too shabby at all.



Overall: I seem to be drinking my brews in one of two locations, either out in the backyard (hence the title for this blog) or while whipping up a complete mess in the kitchen. This one got the kitchen treatment and I found myself quite happily sipping away at this one while working on the meal. The dry aftertaste was a nice change from the usual and while it's not completely flooded with flavours here, it's quite a nice drop and easily drinkable. I rate this slightly higher than the Steamrail Golden Ale.

3.25 out of 5 working Lorrys

No comments:

Post a Comment